Upcoming Topic for Tuesday, 10/13/2015 Teleconference
- Active Listening Pt. 2
- During the teleconference, we’ll focus on Active Listening and describe what it means and share some specific techniques you can use to enhance your relationship through communication.
- The Passionate Relationship Principle (PRP) is a continuation of our previous principle: Good listening is a prerequisite to good communication.
- In a previous session we presented a brief overview of the 4 types/levels of listening:
- Pretend Listening (pretending your listening and paying attention)
- Listening (paying attention and being able to get the gist of what your partner is saying)
- Active Listening (following along with what your partner is saying and being ask appropriate questions)
- Empathic Listening (being aware of your partner’s emotions)
The teleconference is from 12pm-12:20pm (EST).
We’ll be discussing this in the teleconference on Tuesday, 10/6/2015 from 12pm-12:20pm (EST).
- 12:00pm-12:10pm -- Discuss the topic(s)
- 12:10pm-12:20pm -- Address questions from callers
An audio recording will be made of the conference call. It will be available on Facebook and also at http://www.centerforpassionaterelationships.com/podcasts.html
To connect to the conference call at 12pm EST. Follow the steps below:
1. Call 1-302-202-1108 This is the conference calling phone number. It’s not toll free. But, there are no extra charges, only what you phone provider charges for you to make the call.
2. Enter conference code: 959831
Helpful codes while on the teleconference:
4* - this mutes and unmutes your line (very helpful if your phone doesn’t have a mute function)
5* - This lets the host know that you want to ask a question
- Dr. Simon Whittaker - Relationship and Sexual Integrity Coach at Whittaker Institute's Center for Passionate Relationships (CPR).